The Secret Adventure Files Of a Dinosaur

The Secret Adventure Files Of a Dinosaur
i eat the city

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Secret Adventure Filed Of a Dinosaur(21st Edition) : Macbeth


In school, we're reading Macbeth.
The old version.
I've come to the conclusion that even though his words are confusing, I enjoy reading them.
I enjoy imagining the passion Shakespeare obviously has for his characters.
I enjoy knowing that even so far back, even in Elizabethan times, They had struggles in society similar to that of those we have today.
I enjoy getting into the character that I read for in English (Macbeth himself).
For many of these, are the reasons i love books in general.
One thing i really love about reading the old Shakespeare, is how he writes.
The way he articulates his word, and kind of, turns them into a poem. or a song. Something that may have mean something different, to two different people, with obviously different perspectives on everything in general.

A few hours before Macbeth Kills his king, Shakespeare writes :
" The Prince OF Cumberland! That is a step on which I must fall down, or else over leap, for in my way it lies. Stars hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires! The eye wink at the hand; yet let that be which the eye fears, when it is done, to see. "
It translates to :
" The prince of Cumberland! (obviously) That is a step that will trip me up, or else i Must leap over it, because it lies in my way. Stars, hide your fiery light. Don't let any light shine on my black and deep desires. Dont let the eye see what the hand is doing ; yet let that deed be done. Which the eye fears to look at after it has been done. "
Macbeth didn't want to see the horrible thing he had done to his loyal and trusted king.
Alot of people are like that.
They stand on, and manipulate anyone that gets in the way of what they want. In Macbeth's instance, it was a crown.
In many other people's its jobs, or boys, or girls (mainly boys) or even really silly things like the last piece of cake.
But each action does have a consequence.
Most people, like me, find that out the hard way.
I have never looked down on someone because of the way they think, or act, or dress, because that's just their outside, and i never judge until i know what's on the inside.
I have the most wonderful friends, that i tried to let go on Monday, thinking that was the best thing for both them and me, but it wasn't.
Ive never ever ever stood on someone, or back stabbed someone, or manipulated anyone to get what i want.. because I'm used to either striving by myself, or being let down.
I've been let down alot in my life, but i am strong enough to get back up.
Much stronger then I, Myself, Even think.

No comments:

Post a Comment